Friday, September 12, 2008

the three adds

I decided that cats would be the main theme and I figured that because most of the different images that I would use different things that represented America like red whit and blue, the flag, statue of liberty and also the eagle. I found a few images that I really liked and placed the different images where I liked them. I then began to play around with the mask tool and make cretin things fade while others were transparent. I decided to keep the cats be the main image and to have everything fade away on it. I used the flags and put them over the eyes and faded the image so that it seemed like the cat had the flags reflecting from the eyes. I really liked that effect so I did the same thing to the other images. In one of them also added eagles flying by to make it seem free. I tried playing with the positioning of the different layers to see what would look better for instance I thought I would make the statue of liberty rice out of the hat but when I did it I t seemed like it wouldn’t really fit in perfectly in, it just seemed of also I thought that idea of the statue coming out of the hat seemed to make fun of the freedom and liberty it is meant to represent. In another version I would mix in the flag with the eagle in the eyes and have the statue on the side.

No comments: